TECHNET Archives

July 1999

From:
Jack Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 15:14:29 -0500
Dear Colleagues:
We learn more about the foibles of e-mail systems each day.  Please don't be too
quick to jump on the "senders" of the message readers.  It happens when the ORIGINAL
PERSON POSTING THE MESSAGE sends it, and has his e-mail software set to REQUEST
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT WHEN MSG IS READ.  It's just another thing to thank Microsoft and
Outlook for.  Your messages of frustration should be sent ONLY to the person who
posted the message, not to those whose e-mail systems are doing what they were asked
to do.  Thanks to all for using the TechNet.  jack

>>> Ahne Oosterhof <[log in to unmask]> 07/12/99 01:00PM >>>
By now I send these fellers a friendly message telling them I dont care
whether they do or dont read their e-mail.
What do you do??  :)
(After a while they may WANT to "fix" their mail system rather than
receiving these messages.)

Question: What happens when a person with an automatic mail respond system
sends a message to a person with an automatic mail respond system: perpetual
bouncing???

Ahne.