TECHNET Archives

July 1999

From:
Albert Mok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 18:44:34 +0800
Dear Mr. Varon,

My first impression seems to me you already concluded the problem to be the
dry film adhersion problem.  I have to add that there are many other
possibilties that may make the line width "thicker".

1.  Poor lamination due to temperature/time/pressure(you have to check the
board surface temp.)
2.  Exposure time too short( What is the stouffer?)
3.  Developing chemical/spray pressure/time in excess

If it is really "underplated", it is high possible to be problem from point
1 and 3.  If it is not underplated, please check point 2.

Hope this help.

____________

At 11:22 AM 1999/7/12 +0200, CIPSA wrote:

>  Dear Sirs,   The reason why we send this e-mail is because we are having
> problems of adherence of our dry film Dupont  4615. The problem always
>appears beside the track/pads, and in the  final pcb you always can see a
>bigger track, because the adherence of  the film has not good and some
>Sn/Pb has get on the base copper (the film  has not  protect correctly the
>base copper, beside the  track).   We have done the following corrective
>actions and there has  not been any success at all: 1. We have increased
>the lamination temperature from 105 to  115&ordm;C. The presion is about 4
>bars. The lamination rolls speed is  about 1,6-2 m/min. 2. We have checked
>the pH of the revelator solution and goes  from pH 11 at the beginnig to
>10,4 at the end of the solution  live. 3. We are quite sure that is not a
>electrolitic line problem,  because in the same bath position, we have
>panels with and without  problems. 4. We have checked all the insolation
>parameters  and everything is OK.   What we are doing now, is changing from
>Dupont  film 4615, to 215. Maybe, it will solve the  problem, but we don't
>know the cause of our problem.   Does anybody knows the cause of our
>problem  ???   Thank you in advance for your colaboration.   Albert Varon
>Quality  Manager.
>CIRCUITOS  IMPRESOS PROFESIONALES,S.A..
>Pol.Ind.Els Bellots C/de l'Aigua, 28
>08227  TERRASSA (Barcelona) SPAIN