TECHNET Archives

July 1999

From:
"Beckman, Michael W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 09:51:01 -0700
Rick,
I would suggest you speaking with your vision system rep. to see what his
response is.
My experience has been with Zevatech and Fuji pick&place equpt. They both
suggest(.040")dia, however we have gone down to .025" with a more robust
clear area around the fids. Fuji will accept other shapes i.e. diamond,
square, plus etc. but these ended up being .040" min. which ended up
requiring more realestate on the design. Most importantly seems to be the
resolution area around the fid. As I said theey can be smaller if adjacent
copper is displaced further.
Bottom line, I don't think you'll go wrong with .040"
Good Luck!
Mike