TECHNET Archives

July 1999

From:
Christopher Jorgensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 11:49:52 -0500
Dear colleague,

The following is the schedule for the third day of the IPCWorks '99 conference. There
have been updates made to the presentation for the first two days, which will be
distributed to [log in to unmask] following this posting.

I apologize for the delay in getting this update to you, but we have been
experiencing problems with our e-mail server over the past week or so.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

IPCWorks '99 Conference Schedule - Day 3

The following is the tentative schedule for the third day of the IPCWorks '99
conference, featuring an International Summit on Lead-Free Electronics Assemblies.
Please note that the schedule could still change. If we do make any changes to the
schedule, you will be informed.

Wednesday, October 27, 1999

8:00 am - 12:00 pm

PWB FINISHES

Lucent's SnTech Process -  Yun Zhang, Lucent

Immersion Silver - A Big Win for the OEM, Fabricator and Mother Nature - Julie
Fernanz, Intel
Solderable Lead-Free Surface Finishes: Immersion Silver Performance Results - Don
Cullen, MacDermid

Rethinking the Importance of Reflow Atmospheres in the Lead Free Era - Andy Mackie,
Praxair

Rapid Deposition, High Build, Non-Electrolytic Tin for Use in the PWB Industry -
Craig Bishop, McGean-Rohco

Update of ITRI Electrloless Nickel/Immersion Gold (ENIG) Project - Bruce Houghton,
Celestica

Results of the CCAMTF Evaluation of Alternative Surface Finishes for Circuit Card
Assemblies - Ronald Iman, Southwest Technology Consultants

Design for the Environment Alternative Surface Finishes Project - Dipti Singh, EPA

1:30 pm - 5:00 pm

BREAKOUT SESSION FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE IPC ROADMAP FOR THE ELIMINATION OF LEAD
IN ELECTRONICS ASSEMBLIES

Now that you have had the opportunity to take part in the paper session and review
the DTI report, "An Analysis of the Current Status of Lead-Free Soldering," you now
have the opportunity to play a role in the development of the IPC Roadmap for the
Elimination of Lead in Electronics Assemblies.

Recognizing the need to catch up to the rest of the world, IPC is giving the industry
the opportunity to take part in the development of the lead free roadmap. The roadmap
will be developed during simultaneous breakout sessions divided into the following
categories:

Alloys
Components
PWB Finishes
Reliability
Processes
Standards/Specifications

Please note that only conference attendees will be able to take part in the roadmap
breakout sessions. If you have not yet registered for IPCWorks, you can download the
registration form at:

http://www.ipc.org/html/IPCWorksreg.pdf

Chris Jorgensen
Technical Project Manager
IPCWorks '99 Conference Coordinator

An International Summit on Lead-Free Electronics Assemblies
October 25 - 28, 1999
Hyatt Regency, Minneapolis, MN

To stay on top of the lead elimination issue, subscribe to the [log in to unmask]
e-mail forum.

To subscribe compose the following email message:
TO: [log in to unmask]
SUBJECT: (leave blank)
MESSAGE: subscribe leadfree YOUR NAME