TECHNET Archives

June 1999

Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 10:24:15 -0700
Hi Technetters,

I'm a layman in In-circuit test. The ICT people told me that low impedance
passive devices (say, <10 ohm) require kevin connection for the test, so 2 test
points are needed at the circuit nodes on each side of the device. It's okay to
me for resistors, but how about the capacitors and inductors?
Knowing that the typical HP3070 tester has the test frequency of 1KHz, 10KHz and
100KHz, my calculation is that <10 ohm implies <16uH at 100KHz for inductors and
>160uF at 1KHz for capacitors. If this is the case, I'm afraid most capacitors
and inductors in my product requires 200% nodal access.
My questions are:
- Is this requirement documented somewhere?
- Is it really applicable to inductors and capacitors?

Thanks!
K.K. Chin
Artesyn Technologies,
Fremont,CA