TECHNET Archives

June 1999

From:
Bob Vanech <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 18:24:47 +0000
  To All..
           Has anyone out there in Technet world have
some hands on experience with Analog Devices' 225-ball
BGA ADSP-21062. This part is being used on a multilayer,
components both sides, fine pitch design. Since all the
power and return balls are in the center of the package
and the decoupling caps must be right at the power ball
locations, I am wondering what is the best approach for
capacitor locations and escape routes.
            I think that I might have to use the 0402
caps because of spacing, but the assembler would prefer
the 0603. Since every pin-out is used, I cann't delete
any signal pads, I am playing with ganging up the power
and return pads, sharing vias and using the open area
for the caps. That said, has anyone designed this part
into your design and would you be willing to discuss your
pro/con on the design approach. Thanks in advance and
have a great day.
                     Regards,
Bob Vanech                     Bob
Mango Computers