TECHNET Archives

June 1999

From:
Iain Braddock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 11:24:17 +0100
BDY.RTF (532 bytes) , BDY.RTF (745 bytes) , WINMAIL.DAT (2148 bytes)
I would be appreciative of anyone providing an input into the use of UV
curable adhesive for securing SM components to boards.
I'm thinking along the lines of gluing down ceramic QFP's on the
assembly line for double sided assembly and was wondering whether a UV
light source in line would provide sufficient curing of the adhesive to
allow the board to be flipped for second stage assembly without any
problems.  Is a special type of UV light required and how long does a
cure take roughly, also any preferred suppliers/types.

CIA Iain.