TECHNET Archives

May 1999

From:
Norman Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 11:26:15 +0000
Hi Steve.

Our antipodean mate, Paul, sure done the right thing in
disseminating your angst - even if we have to endure the searing
headache that comes with reading his own stuff
(more aspirin, Nurse!!)

I'm just a TechNet novice but I feel like I've known you a lifetime
through your good craic (ask a Gaelic speaker) & excellent advice.

I truly hope you work through this one. As they say, this ain't no
dress rehearsal, it's the only life you got!  Maximise it!

--
Thx & best regards . . .
Norman S. Robinson      Tel. No.: (44) 1355 355349

Paul Klasek wrote:
,
        Paul Klasek <[log in to unmask]>To: [log in to unmask]
Apparently-To: "Norman_Robinson-TENG52@email" <[log in to unmask]>

Well , Steve ; sorry to pull this one on you ; we "live"(?) only once :
Awww ! ; as you said ; not even a handmill for radials ?!? ;
clipped on guillotine !? ; far out man ; I knew you work hard ; but this is
extreme ;
it sure reminds me the Madras brass beaters :
they sit on dirt road with bowl held with feet (aka vice) ;
chisel in one hand and hammer in other ; and that's it .
Basked weaving is the only better minimalist's ultimo .
I admire them ; as I can wave solder on fry pan if it comes to it myself
(hope Werner does not read this);
still not every philosophy can be applied (turn the other cheek is a
classic).
Being minimalist myself ; but handmills was the limit I draw line on 20
years ago .
Nowadays with 7 digits on the budget I can work ; instead of tailchasing
struggle .
If you want a job in Sydney you can have it this week :
we're just advertising for one more process eng. , consider yourself
qualified ;
only on present dollar exchange yo'd not get much over 30KUS .
This lucky country considers the weather and beach as a fringe benefit !
I almost agree , being here , hey ?

Now reading all of this and knowing all too well value of pioneers who can
drum up something from nothing ;
I'll likely step out of my line of cultivated (believe it or not) upbringing
and do the unthinkable :
Without your permission after detailed editing I'll flick your note public
to our legion of understanding colleguages ;
because I know (as differ to think) you deserve better .

My apologies mate .

same goes for Jack and Hugo ; misusing the net here ; but lets face it :
do you know how slippery are tinted legs under even sharp and tight
guillotine ?
Broke me down in tears ; that's for sure .
I worked once (and only) under this style of "management" ; yes, with blunt
guillotine .
Pathetic story ; all too common as I see now .

Could somebody please pull the fellow out of that hellhole and give him a
job before he'd run the risk of living upside down for the rest of his life
like me ? Or running frozen flats on tyres like Bev ?

Just checking his X Files on IPC Archives should do as an attitude and
aptitude reference .
And, after days like this, he's still slogging tech class in evening with
mirages of hamburger flips ???
Do I have to say more ?

Thanks a lot folks  (read Steve's below)

Paul Klasek
http://www.resmed.com

And ; for first time ; the expressed opinions are my own , not of that busy
place I work for .
Just in case somebody watched too many court soapies .

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND TOO