TECHNET Archives

February 1999

From:
Jay Solderberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 07:49:02 -0600
Bob,

Per IPC-A-600E, the answer is yes for outer layers and no for inner layers.  When measuring visually from
outer layers it annular ring includes the hole wall.  When measuring inner layer annular ring via
microsection, it includes only the inner layer pad and not the barrel of the hole.  See pages 45 and 72 of
IPC-A-600E.

Jay Soderberg

Legal Notice:  All opinions are mine and mine alone.  They do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the
ownership or management of this station.