TECHNET Archives

February 1999

From:
John Gulley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 14:10:46 -0800
Address,

I've discussed with several people two methods for stripping Immersion
Tin.  Can anyone provide me additional methods and the pros/cons of
stripping Immersion Tin.

Without yet performing SERA testing, but through solderability testing
of fabs, I am having extreme dewetting and non-wetting problems with
Immersion Tin.  I have the following questions for Immersion Tin.

1.    How is Dexcoat able to achieve the 30~50 millionths surface
whereas Florida Cirtech is 10~15 millonths?
2.    How is Dexcoat able to suppress the IMC layer?  I thought this
layer was needed to properly bond the copper/tin layers sufficiently.
3.    Can anyone add additional comments to these two competing
immersion tins.
4.    At which process is the micro-barrier applied in the Dexcoat
process?

Please advise

John Gulley