TECHNET Archives

January 1999

From:
Paul Klasek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 10:04:43 +1100
Hey Steve ;

hearing about the "custom in-house" dual pads does explains it all :
I'd say your chances of attaining the hero status were very remote indeed ;
the tones of balls likely washed out from the 1206's on pads which could
take 0805's as well would warrant paste mixing division (AKA Matt subplant)
.

Andy ; the dispensing paste 's got 85% of metal ; but true Steve wouldn'
like the price (grading) and touch more flux .
Slump 's no problem ; agree with the "polymer paste"; tested amtech ; worked
well .

see you                   paul

PS
stop this false whining Steve ; you know very well it's best fun on bottom
budget starting up ; ain't foolin' anybody !
Guys like Bev have to caffeine prop eyelids all day long (kiddin'!)

PPS
Hope yo've got something out of this saga Frank .
IF (and only) you have this ball decease ; than check the profile before you
go to attack printer or stencils .
There are as many solutions as variables ; try the "easy" ones first ;
profile tweaking can do wonders most of the time (takes time too) .
If you bottom down the componentry gently they won't spew ; even without
going to eclectic arrow pad designs (nice if you can redesign it all)