TECHNET Archives

January 1999

From:
Rick Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:15:22 -0800
Hi,

We're a small contract manufacturer in the process of evaluating software
for manufacturing, shop floor control, inventory management, sales orders,
etc.  Since there seem to be a lot of CM people here, I'm hoping that some
of you wouldn't mind sharing the packages you're using, how you like them,
how they fit in with the contract manufacturing model, etc.  I'm
particularly interested in how consigment vs. turnkey components are
handled, how well customer part numbers can be integrated into the system,
and the type and flexibility of the shop floor documentation/traveller
systems.  We have looked at one system specifically for contract
manufacturing, Mannex, but the cost of this system may be beyond our current
budget.  I'm hoping some of you may have recommendations that might work in
our environment.

Thanks in advance.

Rick Thompson
Ventura Electronics Assembly