TECHNET Archives

December 1998

From:
Ed Cosper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 14:48:55 -0600
Hi all and Happy Holidays,

 I was studying Stephens' account as to why Santa Can't exist and have found a flaw in his theory. So relax Stephen, Santa may still show up with the loot if you havn't upset him too much with the amazing display of your outright rejection of the possibilities based simply on the laws of Physics. ( silly laws )
 Now, in studying your numbers I have found a major oversight in your calculations. The base numbers related to the time/distance ratio and number of stops is ok but you seem to have overlooked the fact the Santas Sleigh is very special. You see, ( Now this is a secret he told me on his last visit so....shhhhhh..) the reindeer have really not been used as his major propulsion for centuries. They are more or less traditional and ornamental these days. He really didn't want to upset the delicate nature regarding the impact the time honored story of  "twas the night before christmas" has on the little ones. So he keeps them around.
 The sleigh itself is actually propelled by a deuterium fueled warp core. Although the sleigh can achieve warp velocities, only impulse speeds are  required. An inertial damping field system is employed about the sleigh and reindeer to absorb the inertial forces encountered at such accelerations.   This is to protect the occupants on and about the sleigh during travel.
 The mass problem associated with the millions of presents on board has been eliminated by storing all the presents in pure energy form using a closed loop transporter program.
 Now the thought of old Saint Nick dropping down the chimney is as outdated as the reindeer. All destinations and toy deposits are preprogrammed into the on board computer. Using the latest in transporter technology, Santa can beam all the toys right under your tree. ( So answers the long time question regarding those who have no fireplace. hehehehe).  He uses a wide been application which segregates each address into separate buffer zones. Santa can literally place toys in an entire city virtually simultaneously. The entire process takes no time at all and Santa is usually back home in the  north pole sipping on eggnog long before we awake.

I hope this helps clarify a few things.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight.

Hope you enjoyed.

Ed Cosper