TECHNET Archives

December 1998

From:
"Fujikura Ltd." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:34:50 +0900
Dear Mr. Steve,

Thanks for your comment, it encouraged me very much.

I guess any special "sandwich" could be ordered for UL restaurant to
cook but I am not sure the price and delivery time.

As my experience for PWB has been limited only for Flexible PWBs, I have
not handled 4 layers of board, with mixed materials, like a special ham
slice inside, for UL application. However, it is often the case for us
to handle mixed materials of construction because CCIL is not applicable
for our Flexible PWB field.

Except for typical single or double sided constructions, Flexible PWB
has something similar to so called "build up method" in Japan.
Therefore, I often discuss with UL engineers, "May I use made in Japan
Tomato ketchup in stead of the Heinz, currently listed in our
Menu?"...like that.

Judging by my experience, it will not so difficult to obtain success for
UL with mixed materials 4 layers, but you had better to choose the
material carefully so that you can change mustard and ketchup in the
range of no taste change, without additional testing.

In addition, in order to go ahead your plan for "special sandwich", the
movement of IPC task group with UL offices concerning UL796 and UL746
would be a good chance to exchange or confirm our ideas among related
industry members. They are just now on going. I will try.

Toru Koizumi

----
Fujikura Ltd.  [log in to unmask]