TECHNET Archives

September 1998

From:
Derek Wynne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 18:03:23 +0100
Yes, I agree that it is easier said than done. But as Al said the
process rewards are indeed great when you eliminate pre-bake.

I think that you may have answered your own question when you said that
"most" PCB manufacturers will not guarantee a board if not baked,  buy
product off those mfg.'s who will guarantee their boards. Even if the
other vendors charge a premium for their product it should work out
cheaper in the long run as you said you assy's are not cheap. It is hard
enough to get one's in-house process running smoothly without making up
for a vendor with problems as well.

I have found that the most difficult question to answer when eliminating
bake from the process is when the PHB "Pointy Haired Boss" asks why did
we buy those ovens in the first place.

Derek