TECHNET Archives

May 1998

From:
"Hyun J. Kang" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 1998 11:01:32 +0900
Good day Technet.
I'm currently battling with our parts guys over inventory control of
components.  For the big stuff like ICs it is fairly easy to count them, but
for chip caps / resistors it is more difficult to count them 'cause they are
on tape and reel.  I've suggested the technique of measuring the length of
tape and dividing by the pitch, but our inventory guys want something
automated.
I'm sure such a thing exists, but have no idea where to begin looking.  Can
a Technet guru point me in the direction of an automated counting machine
for counting parts on tape and reel?  Please reply off the Technet if it
sounds like an advert.

Thanks,

Graham Collins
Process Engineer
Litton Systems Canada
(902) 873-2000 extension 215

Attachment Converted: C:\EUDORA\INCOMING\TNneedin

CSS Asia Co., Ltd. Tel: 82-2-523-8810 Fax: 82-2-523-1483 E-Mail: [log in to unmask]