TECHNET Archives

March 1998

From:
"Collins, Graham" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 14:45:59 -0400
Greetings Technet.
Currently we have a nitrogen box for storage of moisture sensitive
components, fed from a tank of liquid nitrogen - so purity should be
excellent.  This set-up is pretty expensive and a questionable return on
$$$ (or those Ls with the bar through them).  If we change to a nitrogen
generator, what level of purity would be required to keep the parts from
absorbing moisture?  Do I need a 99.9% generator, a 95% generator, or
something in between?  Has anyone gone to this type of set-up?  Thanks
in advance for any opinions.

* thanks for the responses re the "solder spill" spec, and have a good
weekend!

regards,

Graham Collins
Process Engineer