TECHNET Archives

January 1998

From:
Charles Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 10:59:28 -0600
Charles Barker@I-O INC
01/12/98 10:59 AM

Hi Steve, Andy et all,

Good stuff!

At another facility we were able to spec our 20 mil pitch devices' pads at
.012" +.002/-.000. Somewhere, someone must compensate for the losses due to
the etch factor to insure minimum pad width.

The stencil opening was then spec'ed at .010 in .006" thick SS. If the
operator(s) kept the stencil openings and the bottom of the stencil clean
of paste residues, we had neither solder bridging nor solder starvation
problems. We had just begun to experiment with Ni-Pd finishes when there
was a change of ownership and our endeavors came to an end.

Some folks like the rounded ends on pads, others will say it doesn't
matter. Pad length, in your case will have to take into consideration the
different packages the various vendors will be supplying you..

Good luck,

Charlie B.

[log in to unmask] on 01/12/98 10:40:32 AM

Please respond to [log in to unmask]; Please respond to [log in to unmask]