TECHNET Archives

December 1997

From:
Jwmaier1 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 18:19:04 EST
We are currently experiencing difficulty in locating a production
supplier for a copper core board we are using in a newly developed
product (estimated usage 250 - 2,500 annually).  The past supplier who
provided a quality circuit at an economical price has decided to move
out of the copper core business as a result of the increase in their
telecommunications business for standard product.

We located two suppliers who have experience with this technology;
however, our cost have increased 4X and the performance to date has been
less than satisfactory.  Problems to date have revolved around, drilling
and routing of the .045 copper plate, selective routing on the top and
bottom side of the board to the copper plate, and plating to our
specification.  Unfortunately, we have opened our tolerances up as much
as possible and our new suppliers are still experiencing problems.

If you have knowledge of a supplier through experience with this
technology or are a supplier, please contact me at the address below.
The attached Word file details the requirements of the board.  If you
would like a .ps or .gbr of the detail drawings let me know.  Thanks in
advance!

Joel W. Maier
Senior Buyer

HARRIS CORPORATION