TECHNET Archives

December 1997

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 10:04:14 -0000
Gerard,

There is an IPC spec for SIR testing of flux residues which cold easily be applied to post oxide cleaning, IPC-TM-650.

Also, a new ISO specification is currently being written to provide a standard for the characterisation of a PCB and PCA production process as well as material characterisation such as flux.

There are many specifications and most are listed as part of the working notes for the ISO committee upon which Concoat and many others are working. If you would like a copy, and we get permission to issue, then let us know.

Generally, any SIR test which is performed, should mimic your real production to be most informative and applicable. We use our own guard banded comb patterns with over mounted QFP components as a worst case senario for entrapment of contaminants.

If you will let us have your snailmail, we will send you some further info on SIR testing.

Best regards
Alan Brewin and Graham Naisbitt

Concoat Ltd
Alasan House, Albany Park
Camberley GU15 2PL UK         http://www.concoat.co.uk

Application Engineers in Chemical Compounds to the Electronics Industry