TECHNET Archives

November 1997

From:
"Blanchet,Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 08:53:00 -0500
Hi,

We use a device called a MOLE (from ECD) with the RF module. What it
requires is a computer (and the software to run it) and maybe a tool to hold
the mole while it goes through your machine. Or you can put it on a similar
board that you are profiling. With the RF module, it plots the profile as as
it is being measured.

The only problem we have with it, is with the RF module. In such a case, we
simply plug the module in the reciever when the profile is all read. To me,
it is accurate enough. The thermocouples might produce a greater error than
the mole itself.

As for SPC, I don't see the point. I use the device to adjust the pre-heat
temperatures (and conveyor speed). Once I'm satisfied, I'm done with it.

Richard Blanchet
Manufacturing Engineer
Canadian Marconi