TECHNET Archives

October 1997

From:
tetz schemm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 15:42:55 +0100
Greeting !
 I am a graduate student in IE of OSU.  I posted a mail asking for help
about cost estimation for bare PCB several months age.  This is my
research topic. First of all, I would say thanks to those helped me from
IPC.  With your help, I have developed a cost estimating model for bare
PCB with 28 parameters that are the specifications(board size, hole
sizes, trace width/space, etc.).  The model is not only good for cost
estimating of a new design, but also helpful for bidding decisions.  It
provides the average bidding price from the industry.

In the present stage, I would like to verify my model with more samples.
I need help from you again.  I need some specifications and prices of
bare PCBs from the manufacturers to calibrate my model into more
practical use.  For those kindly helpers, I will giving my model to show
my appreciation .  If there are any suggestion or questions, please
contact me.  Thanks in advance.

Tetz Schemm
Department of Industrial Engineering and Management
Oklahoma State University
(O)405-7444479
(H)405-6246341