TECHNET Archives

September 1997

From:
SMTPGATE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 12:08:22 -0400
Mail*Link¨ SMTP               [TECHNET] Assem:  Highly Accelerated Stress Test

Technetters,

        We are investigating the use of a Highly Accelerated Stress Test
(HAST) on a PCB assembly using SMT on standard FR4 with Flex attached to
represent a 20 year storage condition.  The proposed environmental conditions
are 120 C at 98 %RH, unbiased.

        Has anyone performed this type of test and would be willing to comment
on its effectiveness?  We want to minimize test time, develop an acceleration
model to the storage environment, and not introduce new failure modes from the
test itself.

Thanks for any input.

Glenn Pelkey
Quality/Reliability Engineer