TECHNET Archives

September 1997

From:
Erik Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 15:21:26 -0500
Hi TechNetters,

I'm planning an experiment to test adhesive screen printing used to attach bottomside components to a PCB.  My first thought for how to test this is to measure the strength of the adhesive bond between the board and the components.  Is anyone out there familiar with the equipment and steps required to perform what I've heard referred to as a "pull test"?  And, are there any other variables/parameters that are useful to measure in a test of adhesive screen printing?

Erik Olson
Manufacturing Engineer
Westell, Inc.