TECHNET Archives

September 1997

TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 12:32:14 -0600

Tom,

I wouldn't change a thing if your customers (both internal and external) are
happy with your cleaning results.

If you do decide you need deionized water, you should consider some pretreatment
of the water supply.  A D.I. column will have to be regenerated sooner with any
increase in water hardness.  The only way to properly determine the pretreatment
requirements would be to have you water supply tested by a local professional.

On our saponified inline aqueous and batch aqueous cleaners, we pretreat our
water by dechlorination, softening, and then reverse osmosis prior to the D.I.
columns.  This level of pretreatment will GREATLY increase the useful life of
your D.I. columns.

Steve McBride
Frontier Electronic Systems
(405) 624 5281