TECHNET Archives

September 1997

From:
drilbert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 1997 21:23:39 -0700
Here is more input on my original question below.
Our DNC seems to be acting up lately.  Some machines refuse to download
from the DNC, instead requiring a copy of the drill file be loaded from
a disk.
We also experienced a defect where one unique hole (on several panels)
had drilled at .0135 diameter instead of the correct diameter of .031.
If this had been a kitting error, then many holes would have been
drilled undersize. We know the drill file was correct before download.
Therefore, if this was some kind of data transmission error, then what
might have gone wrong in our system?  Could there be some kind of
impedance matching problem?  Do we have too many machines hooked up to
the data cables?  Have our nodes gone nuts?

Drilbert