TECHNET Archives

September 1997

From:
Thomas C Han <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 1997 14:00:01 -0700
Hi all,

I am a small contract manufacturer located in San Jose.  We use OA flux
and water soluble solderpaste for wave-solder and reflow, repectively.  I
currently use city water for cleaning(approximately 500 gal/day).  I have
not run into any contamination problems on the PCBs from this process
yet.   Is there a need to switch to DI?  If so, what are some of the pros
and cons of using DI water?( cost, effectiveness)  Also, if I do need to
change, what is the best way to setup a system?  Our current in-line
cleaner consists of two wash chambers, rinse chamber, and a final rinse
chamber that can utilize different source of water from the previous.

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tom