TECHNET Archives

September 1997

From:
"COLLINS, GRAHAM" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 10:22:15 -0400
Greetings Technetters.
We have an Ionograph 500M SMD machine for measuring the cleanliness of
assemblies.  The only beef I have with it is that it is awkward to load
/ unload product.  The machine is about 6 ft tall, and one lowers an
assembly from the top into a narrow test cell, approx 30" deep.  It can
be quite a pain to load, specially with small assemblies, and one has to
resort to tongs and all sorts of strange aids.
What I am considering is having a basket made of stainless steel that
will live in the machine and be used to raise / lower assemblies into
it.  Assuming it is designed so that the flow over the assembly is
relatively undisturbed, are there any other reasons why this wouldn't be
wise, and does anyone have other suggestions?

Thanks!

Graham Collins
Process Engineering,
Litton Systems Limited, Atlantic Division, Halifax, Nova Scotia
(902) 873-2000 ext 215