TECHNET Archives

September 1997

From:
"D.C.Whalley" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 1997 16:33:40 -0400
Suzanne,

Not sure if this would work, but how about doing the Rent rule by taking
some old PCBs (lots of SSI chips), choping them up into different size
pieces and counting number of tracks entering/leaving pieces. You could
then relate gate count to number of IO's. This could then lead into
discussion of why we now have fine pitch and array packages and how
"system on a chip" architectures may take the pressure off.

David Whalley