TECHNET Archives

September 1997

TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 08:57:17 -0500
William Dauchy@IO-US
09/10/97 08:57 AM

Here's my 2 cents worth.  It has taken us a year to get to this point, but
we have finally found a schedule that works for our board washer.

The supply to the machine is a four 12 inch tank ( cation, anion, mixed,
mixed ) that is changed every week by our supplier.  We use about 4-6
thousand gallons in a 7 day period.

The closed loop rinse system has 2 HMR (heavy metal recovery) tanks leading
to a two bank system.  Each bank has a carbon, cation, anion, and mixed bed
tank.  We swap between banks every 30 days and renew the off-line bank.

HMR tanks are replaced every year.  CLS tanks are rebedded every year.

We are able to maintain 8-12 megohm water.  And yes, if the chemical
isolation section between the wash and rinse sections of the board washer
goes down, our water quality literally goes down the drain.