TECHNET Archives

September 1997

From:
Johannes Sivula <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 16:04:29 +0300
Hi Techneters

Does anyone know a good site/book/source , commercial/non-commercial for
SMD footprints library.
I have been assigned to update our footprint library, and I am not
satisfied with footprints
given in data books of component suppliers.  I presume that  those
footprints are not optimized
for IR reflow, nor carefully experimented.

Does anyone know any mathematical formula to be used to check roughly
dimensions of a pad ?

We make multilayer FR4 boards, HAL/Immersion Gold finish, no clean flux,
which is probably causing solder
balls. This problem is coped by reducing the size of stensil apertures. How
 much it can be reduced ?
Does anyone have comment on that ?

Thanks  for your time and cooperation.

Brs,

Johannes Sivula, Reliability Engineer, Tellabs Oy,