TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
Joel Yocom <jyocom@[192.168.0.1]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 11:20:42 +0000
Dennis brings up an excellent point, but a different one than I
intended to address.  If somebody posts a message to TechNet asking
for an address for ABC Electronics and you have that info, absolutely
respond immediately.  You might want to post that directly and not
through TechNet just to save traffic, but absolutely help out someone
seeking information.

My issue comes with people using TechNet to make recommendations of
one supplier over another.  You may not think that is what is
happening, but when someone lists 3 of the 50 or so flex suppliers in
a response to a generic inquiry such as we had, they are making
recommendations.  That is different, in my mind, from providing
specific contact information when requested.