TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
peter dahlen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 12:08:32 +0000
Hello, can someone help me with the following:

We are using boards with base material  FR4 (epoxy), Polimide and Duroid
6002 and 6010. In our specification to the PCB manufacturer, the
manufacturer shall do a peel strength test with the following criteria (test
performed on a Test Coupon).

Below values are for a conductor with a width of 1mm (for 0.2mm conductors
the value is 20% of values listed below)

Epoxy  = 1.6N

Polimide = 1.2N

Duroid = 0.8N

My question is, if someone know the min. conductor width which shall be
designed on boards with the different materials (due to the different peel
values) and still with a good adesive pattern/base material. Duroid boards
should have wider conductors compared to Epoxy board, due to the different
in peel values, to receive the same peel value? What is the minimum peel
value conductor/base material on a board which shall be working without any
problems?

Best Regards

Peter Dahlén
Saab Ericsson Space