TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
Ed Cosper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 17:05:30 -0500
Hi Thad,

Good to hear from you on the net. In interpreting this requirement, I have always differentiated between thermal stressed and finished boards. I consider "after thermal stress" as having been previously submitted to a temperature of 500 degrees F.  I do not think anyone submits their printed circuit boards to that degree of stress except for testing purposes. Therefore, I conclusion has been that you should not see lifted lands on a section that has not been stressed and if you do see lifted lands after stress, it is not rejectable. The finished board would be represented by the unstressed section.

Just my two cents. I hope I've been looking at this correctly.

Ed Cosper
Director Quality Assurance and Engineering
Graphic Electronics Inc.
Tulsa, Ok