TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
Florencio Eiranova <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 12:53:17 -0500
Stella:
For the first item in your mail I can recommend the following suppliers of flex
circuits.
Locally in the USA

1)MEKTEC Corporation USA
San Jose :(408)945-6666
Pennsylvannia:(610)889-2053
Denver:(303)280-0998

2) Sigma Circuit Incorporated
3510 Basset Street
Santa Clara CA 95054
Phone: (408)654-5800

3)  Adflex Solutions
Internet Site: www.adflexinc.com

In Japan

a) Nitto-Denko Corporation
Internet Site: www.nitto.co.jp

The second item in your request about Rx274s compare to Gerber, the information
I have is the following:

Gerber Data is presented in two main format. The first is RS-274-D(old version)
and in this one, in order to load your data you need all the layers and the
aperture list as a separate file. It can ocurr that every layer have a unique
aperture list associated with it, so you need to load all the layers plus the
aperture(s) list. This old format is known as Gerber-D or Gerber.
The other Gerber format, known as RS-274-X or simply Gerber-X, has the aperture
list embedded in the layers files, so when you load the layers you
automatically load the aperture list with it.
Gerber-X is a more convenient format and based on my experience less trouble.
 regards
Florencio