TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
"Varadaraj.K" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 08:22:40 +0530
Hello Technetters

I would like to invite comments on High Density PCB Design.

We are currently designing a pcb of 3U form factor (100mm x 160mm) with
a  272 pin BGA and 284 pin Compact PCI Bus Connector. The total pin
count in this board is about 5600 pins. The pin density is about 225
pins per Sq.Inch (my god!). So far we have designed pcbs with about a
maximum of about 100 pins per Sq.Inch. This board turns out to be a
challenge for us. Ofcourse we use CADENCE Allegro Tools, which makes it
possible.

I would like to invite designers experience in this kind of high density
board design.

I would appreciate direct mails too.

thanks in advance

k.v.raj