TECHNET Archives

August 1997

TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 13:27:51 -0500
Charles Barker@IO-US
08/28/97 01:27 PM

At a former location, we had some custom SMT hybrids made, I believe, on
silicon substrate. Leads were soldered to the substrate, which were then
attached to the board during oven reflow.  On the early parts, the leads
were attached with 63/37 alloy solder, the same alloy we were using to
attach the I.C.'s to the board.  They reflowed along with all the solder
paste too.

We had problems with the leads being under some tension while the boards
were reflowed and that caused many agravating intermittants.

We had the vendor change over to a higher temp solder for lead attachment
and those problems went away.

If you need more input, you may call me at 281-552-3328

08/28/97 12:48 PM

Please respond to [log in to unmask]; Please respond to