TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
Jim Herard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 19:20:51 -0400
Hello;

My IPC catalog of videos is a little out of date;

Can anyone suggest some video tapes (both IPC and other sources) that are good
general training tapes for new and temporary employees that cover:

 1.  General printed circuit board manufacturing processes for raw FABS ("THE
LINE"_)
 2.  Ditto for Assembly processes
 3.  Defect criteria for Laminate Chip Carriers against industry standard
specifications
  such as JEDEC, IPC, other.

by the way; for those of you who have not tried the IPC video tapes, I have
found them in general quite useful and well received by management, engineering
and operators!  Good work to all who help to make them!

thanks!

Jim Herard
KBL, Product Quality Engineering
IBM Microelectronics Endicott