TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
Karen Tellefsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 20:41:54 -0700
Jeez Louise, Messers. Bromley and Barker, watch your bandwidth.
Ionox BC is probably a useful cleaning product but, that
attachment was over 700 kb long, and took over 10 minutes
to download.  Poor Mr. Tezak got the monster file two times.
Bad PR.  Very large files should not be posted on the TechNet
mailing list.  Not everyone has fast modems, unlimited diskspace,
or someone else paying their phone bills.  In the future, please
just post that a file of information (x kb long) is available by
email to those who request it from you by email.  Thanks for
your understanding and future cooperation.

Karen Tellefsen