TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
Paul Gould <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 20:47:16 +0100
H Gross wrote:-
>In other words, you should be able to get a vendor of
>PCB's to build perfect multiple up circuits on a panel
>and not charge extra for that privilege.

I agree with the above, the discipline should be that the biscuit panel
is treated as a single circuit and priced accordingly. If the fabricator
knows that one circuit down fails the complete biscuit, there is more
focus on prevention.

Biscuit panels are more expensive due to the scrap material required in
the borders and the reduced number of circuits which can fit the
production panel. Always talk to the fabricator about the best format to
fit their production panel. This will vary with the fabricator so be as
flexible as possible. Keep waste material to an absolute minimum.
--
Paul Gould
Isle of Wight,UK