TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
"David T. Novick" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 07:23:12 PST
     The following is being submitted for Rosaura Corral-Perez

Has anybody in the industry heard about RMA flux being corrosive to plastic
parts?  One of our component suppliers claims that plastic parts do not
seal around the lead frame adequately during periods of high temperature
exposure and that flux can easily entrap inside and cause corrosion.
However, our supplier seems to be particularly concerned with RMA flux and
recommends a low residue flux instead?  My question is, if flux can get in
there so can anything else such as cleaning solvents.  Please let me know
if anybody has been exposed to or heard of this problem.

     If anyone can respond to her question, your help would be greatly
     appreciated.

     David Novick