TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
Denis Meloche <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 10:14:25 -0400
Reading your email I get the impression that this method has caused
numerous problems in the past.  Perhaps you could provide some anecdotal
accounts and really educate us.  Considering that the SIR tests I am aware
of take 1000 hours to complete it would be nice to be able to weed out the
most reactive compounds with the least time and therefore expense.  Then I
can tie up my test equipment with the materials that I think have
demonstrated the highest probability of passing the test.  As you state the
test is probably suited for comparing different materials and this appeared
to be the goal of the original post.  I apologize if you took offense to my
suggestion.

Denis