TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
"D. Rooke" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 19:08:57 -0400
We have been using RT foil for almost 2 years here at Circo Craft and have
not found any significant degredation in performance for standard FR4 with
conventional oxide. Both reverse treat and conventional foil substrates have
successfully passed numerous reliability assessments including 1000 hour
air-to-air thermocycling, liquid-to-liquid thermocycling, IST and T260
delamination test. As far as reliability is concerned we have found no
difference (not better; not worse).

What would make you think that the RT (ie DSTF) foil would be MORE reliable??

Dave Rooke
Circo Craft - Pointe Claire
a division of Viasystems

>Hi to All,
>
>I have a question. Do you think that inner layers produced on base material
(FR4) with drum side treated copper foil is more reliable than inner layers
produced on standard base material followed by black or brown oxide?