TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
LES CONNALLY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
LES CONNALLY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 09:08:14 -0700
Hi Allan,

Back in the "80's, during an Air Force Mantech program at Texas Instruments
Inc., we looked at fabrication of boards with Graphite reinforced polymer
Constraining cores. These looked good initially for mounting LCCC chip cariers,
but failed miserably in less than 10 thermal cycles (-65 deg. C to 125 deg. C )
due to the compressive forces on the Graphite fibers. I don't think you want to
follow this kind of constraint. Reports of these data are In Air Force Mantech
reports dated about 1990, available from Wright Patterson AFB.

Lots of Luck,

Les Connally,