TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
"Kimmey, Frank" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 13:34:59 -0700
        It seems many questions to this forum do not give enough info
for a good answer, so here is my attempt (I hope this is clear enough).

        I am in the process of designing a new product and would like to
automate the calibration. At present on a similar product we use solder
jumpers (lack of a better name) to short 1 of 3 possible gain resistors
into the circuit. Does anyone out there know of a fusible link or
anti-fuse (again lack of a better name) that would be usable with the
following criteria:

1. SMT
2. Circuit operates in the less than 10mA range (link must fuse in 100mA
to 500mA range)
3. Available for high volume production (if this works it could go into
the millions of units per year)

So as to not clog the net, please contact me off-line and I will post
findings later for other interested parties.

Frank N Kimmey
EM Designer
C&K Systems, Inc.
(916) 353-5366