TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
Dwight Mattix <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 08:24:42 -0700
recently, we started to go down that road (rel eval of blowholes) but fixed
the wave process instead -- took less effort/time than doing the rel eval
and then forever after having to adjudicate acceptability.   easier to
eliminate and not deal with it.  our process eng killed it dead muy pronto
([log in to unmask], so ask him).

for me there's always that nagging QE paranoia about assy rel: in the case
of blowholes is it a via issue or solder issue?
what if it's not a solder issue and by accepting it we're masking a pwb
issue?

maybe i was potty trained too young.  :^)
ahhh, the making of a QE...

fwiw,
dwight
(if i was any good, i wouldn't be in QA)