TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
Tezak Tim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 14:56:00 -0400
Lainie -

We use an alcohol type solvent from Kyzen.  The product is called Ionox
BC.

At ACT we soak the PCB assemblies (with flux) in Ionox BC for 20-30
minutes.  After soaking for 20-30 minutes, the PCB asseblies are cleaned
in a Westek Triton high pressure in-line D.I. water cleaner.

We use this procedure to remove hard to clean white residues (both No
Clean and Water Soluable fluxes) and solder balls associated with the No
Clean processes in general (reflow/wave).  This should also work for
cleaning baked on fluxes.

For info on Kyzen products contact Eric Bromley at Kyzen.

Regards,

Tim Tezak
Mfg Eng
ACT Manufacturing