TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
Greg Parke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 09:52:05 -0400
Hello TechNetters,

My company is currently looking to introduce micro BGAs into the factory.
I was wondering what some of the process parameters are being used in the
production process.  In particular, stencil type and thickness, stencil
aperture shape and size, paste type (i.e. type 4).  Do you inspect your
paste volume?  What are the volumes required for a reliable solder joint?

Also, is anybody out there reworking these devices.  What type of machines
are being used to remove the parts from boards (i.e. Airvac, SRT).  Are you
putting paste down as part of the rework process?  How is this being done -
dispensed via positive displacement pump or screenprinting paste on the
balls of the new part?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Greg Parke
(617) 422-3192