TECHNET Archives

August 1997

TechNet Mail Forum.
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 10:22:57 -0400
I have been challenge to find some means of connecting gold pads on a thin
film head to the gold pads on a PCB.  This would be nothing that simple
wire bonding could noy resolve, except for one minor problem.  The gold pads
on the head that need to be accessed are located 100 mils below the PCB gold
pads within a valley.  The back face is the 100 mil wall,  The base where the
gold pads are located is 10 mils wide, and the front face is 47 mils high. The
gold pads are 4 mils by 7 mils.  I have almost give up on the idea of wedge
bonding or gold ball bonding due to such a tight area, also the part can
only be subjected to little if any heat.  Does anybody know of a way of
connecting two such surfaces?  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,

eter Scott