TECHNET Archives

August 1997

From:
Ulrich Korndoerfer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 1997 16:04:07 +0200
Dear Sir,

some questions remain open after reading your mail:

1) As I subscribed when the old list server was still active, I wonder
wether I have to follow the old rules for unsubscribing (lets say for
vacancies) and later on subscribe again following the new rules for
subscribing or wether I have to use from now on the new rules.

2) As I understand, the new listserver is controlled from the user by
commands. Could you please tell how such commands have to look like? Are
they mails to the new mail-adress <[log in to unmask]> with the subject
being interpreted as the command and empty mail body or are they mails
with subject "command" and the text in the mail body being interpreted
as command?

3) Is there a difference between writing in capital or small letters for
commands? Have we to use exactly the same spelling for commands as
written in your mail? Are commands sensitive to extra blanks? Have we to
quote commands?

4) Would you please clarify wether your emil-adress is <[log in to unmask]>
as is written in your signature or <[log in to unmask]> as in the
from-field of your mail?

Yours sincerely,

Ulrich Korndoerfer